Join the Laurel Police Department!
Now Offering Hiring Bonuses!
Entry Level Officers
Hiring Bonus: up to $10,000
Salary: Based on experience
Hiring Bonus: up to $15,000
Up to 5 years of Service Credit
Salary and Benefits (Police Officer):
- Current starting salary- $56,750
- Overtime is available at a rate of 1.5 times the normal pay rate as well as holiday pay at 2.5 times the normal pay rate
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits
- Annual, personal, civil, bereavement, earned compensatory leave, military leave
- Retirement: 50% at 20 years increasing to 57.5% at 25years/also have a 5 year drop program that members can enter once they reach 20 years. (deferred compensation is also available)
- Take home car program once an officer completes field training (25 air miles from the City of Laurel)
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are also hiring Comunication Specialist Trainees (Dispatcher)
Our Recruitment Division is currently conducting testing for the positions of Police Officer and Communications Specialist (dispatcher). You can download an application below. For Police Officer applicants, please also download the Functional Fitness Assessment Test Waiver.
For recruitment questions, please contact Capt. Erik Lynn at [email protected] and be sure to follow us on social media to see where the next job fair is.