Retaining Walls Permit Application
Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button). Please note for new account registration: After account approved, an email will be sent from [email protected] with further instructions.
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
$65.00 + (construction cost x .0075)
- Maryland Engineer Signed and Sealed Drawings
- Site Plan
Retaining walls less than 2 ft. high do not require a permit. Site plan must show the proposed wall location. Maximum height is 6 1/2 ft. in rear or side yards and 3 1/2 ft. in front yards (3 ft. for corner lots). Retaining walls can be placed up to, but not beyond, the property line. All douments and plans shall be uploaded to the online permit portal in PDF format. Plans shall be uploaded as a single PDF file.