Fences Permit Application
Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button). Note: When account is approved, please look for an email from [email protected] for further instructions.
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
Additional documents required to be uploaded in PDF format via the online permit protal:
- Fence Permit Application
- Site Plan
- Property Owner Permission Letter (required if application is not submitted by homeowner)
Site plan must show the proposed fence location. Maximum fence height is 6 1/2 ft. in rear or side yards and 3 1/2 ft. in front yards (3 ft. for corner lots). Fences can be placed up to, but not beyond, the property line.