Driveways Permit Application
Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal https://portal.cityoflaurel.org/Energov_Prod/SelfService#/home
The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:
- Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button).
- After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
- Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
- Fill in all information leaving no blanks.
Paving: $75.00 as of July 1, 2021.
Right-of-Way: $50.00 + (curb/apron construction cost x .075) as of July 1, 2021.
- Residential Paving Permit Application
- Residential Right of Way Permit Application
Site Plan (3 copies)
Site plan must show the location of proposed driveway. Right-of-way permit application is only required if driveway requires a curb cut or other work in the public right-of-way. Driveways must be at least 10 ft. wide and must be at least 1 ft. from any side or rear property line. Paved parking areas in front yards cannot excced 20% of the front yard. Driveways and parking areas cannot violate minimum green space requirements for a lot. Gravel and/or loose stones are not acceptable "paving" materials.
- If there is any damage caused by work in the public right-of-way, the applicant will be responsible for the restoration. All restoration work in the right of way must be approved by the Department of Public Works.
- The applicant is responsible to level the driveway to the existing public sidewalks (if applicable) to prevent tripping hazards.
- Any work which involves the City’s Right of Way (aprons, sidewalks) must be inspected by Public Works prior to it being installed.