Driveways Permit Application


Permits are obtained by submitting an electronic application on the Permit Portal

The following steps must be followed when using the Permit Portal:

  1. Create a New Account (click on the Login or Register button) or if you already have an account (sign In through this button).
  2. After you sign on, click on the Permit button.
  3. Find the permit that you are looking for and click on the Apply blue button to start the process.
  4. Fill in all information leaving no blanks.


Paving: $75.00 as of July 1, 2021.

Right-of-Way: $50.00 + (curb/apron construction cost x .075) as of July 1, 2021.


- Residential Paving Permit Application

- Residential Right of Way Permit Application

Site Plan (3 copies)


Site plan must show the location of proposed driveway. Right-of-way permit application is only required if driveway requires a curb cut or other work in the public right-of-way. Driveways must be at least 10 ft. wide and must be at least 1 ft. from any side or rear property line. Paved parking areas in front yards cannot excced 20% of the front yard. Driveways and parking areas cannot violate minimum green space requirements for a lot. Gravel and/or loose stones are not acceptable "paving" materials.

  • If there is any damage caused by work in the public right-of-way, the applicant will be responsible for the restoration.  All restoration work in the right of way must be approved by the Department of Public Works.
  • The applicant is responsible to level the driveway to the existing public sidewalks (if applicable) to prevent tripping hazards.
  • Any work which involves the City’s Right of Way (aprons, sidewalks) must be inspected by Public Works prior to it being installed.


Permit Category

Residential Home Improvement

Fire Marshal & Permit Services

The Department of the Fire Marshal and Permit Services (FMPS) is divided into two Divisions who are responsible for the management and enforcement of the City’s codes and ordinances as it relates to wide range of areas, to include building and property standards, fire and life safety standards, rental housing licenses and permitting services.