The citizens of Laurel are our most important asset. Our goal is to provide our citizens with the best possible government. To ensure our commitment to citizen service, we will:
- Respond to all inquiries, requests for service, or complaints in a prompt, courteous, compassionate, and professional manner;
- Treat each citizen with respect, dignity and courtesy, and keep waiting time to a minimum;
- Provide citizens with accurate and clearly defined information or procedures or direct them to the proper authority;
- Treat each individual and their needs, equally;
- Make it our duty to continually improve our employees' professional ability to maintain the highest level of citizen satisfaction available
- Ensure that the tax payers dollars are spent in the most economical and prudent fashion, staying within the guidelines set forth by the Mayor and City Council, the City Auditors and the Association for Government Accounting Standards Board, keeping in mind the public’s trust in this office to account for every dollar spent.
If you have questions or comments, or need information from the City Administrator's Office, please call 301-725-5300 ext. 2242 or you may send an e-mail.
About the City Administrator
The City Administrator is appointed by the Mayor, subject to confirmation by the Laurel City Council, and serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the City of Laurel.
The City Administrator directs and coordinates the general administration of the City government. The operations of each department are monitored to assure compliance with policies and legislation established by the Mayor and City Council. Responsibilities include the preparation and submittal of the annual budget, advising the Mayor and City Council on the financial condition and needs of the City and authorizing all purchases required under the Charter.
In addition to the day-to-day management of the City government, the City Administrator is responsible for insurance management, budget administration, Capital Improvement Program preparation, personnel, public safety and emergency management and Public Information and Community News and Information Office, cable television liaison, and other projects and activities as assigned by the Mayor. The City Administrator serves as Executive Officer to the City of Laurel Planning Commission, Board of Appeals, the Laurel Historic District Commission, and the Laurel Ethics Commission. The City Administrator also oversees other boards, committees and commissions. Please click here to access the City Boards, Committees and Commissions page for more information.